- Sura, Livia, et al. "Dysphagia in the elderly: management and nutritional considerations." Clinical interventions in aging (2012): 287.
- Merkel-Walsh, R. (2015). AAPSPA Oral Motor position statement. Retrieved from http://www.aappspa.org/documents/AAPPSPA-Oral-Motor-Position-Statement.pdf
- Robbins, JoAnne, et al. "The effects of lingual exercise in stroke patients with dysphagia." Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation (2007): 150-158.
- Matsuo, Koichiro, and Jeffrey B. Palmer. "Anatomy and physiology of feeding and swallowing: normal and abnormal." Physical medicine and rehabilitation clinics of North America (2008): 691-707.
- Kleim, Jeffrey A., and Theresa A. Jones. "Principles of experience-dependent neural plasticity: implications for rehabilitation after brain damage." Journal of speech, language, and hearing research (2008): S225-S239.
- "Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia) in Adults" ASHA, 01 2017, www.asha.org/public/speech/swallowing/Swallowing-Disorders-in-Adults/
- Lof, Gregory L., and Maggie M. Watson. "A nationwide survey of nonspeech oral motor exercise use: Implications for evidence-based practice." Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools (2008): 392-407.